Times of Kashmir

| 19 Jul 2019
Other

Intelligence based anti-militancy operations to continue in fasting month

Srinagar, May 04 : As the Peoples Democratic Party chief Mehbooba Mufti today advocated for Ramdhan ceasefire by the Government of India and also by the militants, top security officials revealed that they have received no directions in this regard from the ministry of home affairs and the anti-militancy operations will continue the way they are taking place.

“We have no direction about holding truce this Ramdhan from the GoI. So, the operations against militants will continue in the fasting month in the same way they are taking place at present,” a top security official told KNO

He said given the sanctity of the fasting month, the security agencies will act more on the intelligence inputs and then launch the operations against militancy.

This year, official figures reveal, so far 75 militants have been killed in a stepped up anti-militancy operations launched by the forces across Kashmir. Majority of slain militants belonged to Jaish-e-Muhammad outfit that carried out attack on the CRPF convoy bus resulting in the killing of 40 CRPF men.

The PDP chief while addressing the media men here urged GoI and the militants to announce Ramadhan ceasefire as a mark of respect for the holy month. Last year, the Ministry of Home Affairs had announced ceasefire in Kashmir for the fasting month.

The militants, however, had rejected the true and continued to attack forces. However, the top security brass had claimed that people had reaped the peace dividends in the wake of ceasefire in Ramdhan month.

However, despite political parties advocating continuation of ceasefire post Ramdhan last year, the Centre on June 17 decided to call off the truce. The announcement was made by the union home minister Rajnath Singh in a series of tweets.(KNO)

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

TRENDING NOW

To Top